A One-Time Private Jump-Start
Get to the heart of your burning editorial, publishing, marketing, and business questions–and your best next steps. The feedback is inspirational, creative yet practical, and grounded in current trends, challenges, and opportunities. The advice, brainstorming, potential resources, and specific, clear recommendations will be relevant and customized for your stage, resources, vision, and goals.
A Laser “Clarity” Session is a perfect starting place, especially if:
- You have an inkling of an idea, story, or message you want to get out into the world and you’re ready for honest yet supportive feedback on how it resonates, what its potential might be, and how to move forward.
- You have developed one or more ideas, proposals, manuscripts, or published books and you have researched (maybe to a fault) your options and next steps, but are now stalled and confused.
- You need targeted recommendations, and perhaps a “reality check,” on specific questions, such as your overall idea, reaching your market, publishing strategy, production questions, or launch plans.
- You want guidance on your signature work, thought leadership, or current publishing project and you’d like to “test the waters” before you consider further consulting, coaching, or services.
How the Clarity Session works:
- Upon registration, a date will be set for your session via email. Sessions are usually scheduled within 2-4 weeks of signup.
- The session includes 30-minutes of preparation; a 1-hour intensive phone or video call; and a follow up email with additional resources, if relevant.
- You’ll complete an optional 2-page Book/Project Brief Form (based on the actual forms used within all the major publishing houses), 1-5 pages of supporting materials, if desired, and 3-4 “burning questions.”
- Janet will spend 30 minutes reviewing your materials, visiting your website/blog if available, and doing a high-level scan of the category, market, and specific issues to be addressed.
- A recording of the call can be sent to you.
(NOTE: A Laser “Clarity” Session does not include manuscript reading or an assessment of a draft proposal or sample chapters.)
I didn’t realize I was looking for approval of the idea I had rather than actually getting real vetting. You listened heartfully to what I was saying and then you just do what you do so incredibly well–you cut right to the chase. That redirect saved me at least 18 months to 2 years.
A BIG thank you, Janet. Our Laser Clarity Session delivered exactly what I wanted and what I needed. Using my homework and your great instincts (not to mention your 10,000 hours of editorial experience!), you pointed me toward next steps and truly put me back on track. Your generous spirit, big heart, and practical wisdom … priceless.
Sample projects from Laser Clarity Session Clients
Get my 7 Steps to Take Your Book Project to the Next Level
plus my periodic Publishing & Strategy newsletter